Sunday, August 1, 2010

to the dog....

they say that i am good, that i have done good--and perhaps in an afterlife i will reap the benefit for my good deed. Because i picked you up from the gutter and brought you home. Because i brushed you and bathed you and fed you. Because i gave you a home and loved you so.
but i think i did me a good deed. Because when i come back home-be it after two days or after two minutes you are thrilled and happy and exuberant. Because you lay at my fee or next to me, when i sit all alone-working, worrying.
because when i am sad, you let me be, sitting by my side-letting me know that you are there.
Because when i am happy you match my mood-jumping and running about in glee--and not pull me down.
IF i have saved you, you have saved me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment